Welcome to the Lake Brunner Fishing Competition,
in association with Action Water Sports and Malibu Boats.
We would like to welcome on board our major event sponsor Action Water Sports, home of Malibu Boats, Four Winns Boats, Axis Boats, Jobe Water Sports & Mercury Services Agents. You’ll find AWS at 522 Blenheim Road, Christchurch or online: www.actionwatersports.co.nz
The Lake Brunner Fishing Competition, in association with Action Water Sports, is a great opportunity to enjoy all that the beautiful Lakes District has to offer.
Entries are now open for 2017.
The entire weekend revolves around the magical waters of Lake Brunner, with the centre of activities starting and finishing in the township of Moana. Stunning vistas, walking, biking tracks, great food and of course one of New Zealand’s top fishing spots are all waiting for you. Click here for accommodation options.
Sections & Categories
- Open $30
- Juniors (1 – 18 years) $10
- Fly Fishing $30
- Team (up to 4) $30 per TEAM member + $15 for team
Open Categories are: 1) Mystery weight 2) Longest
All other sections categories are: Longest & in best condition
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Every entrant must hold a current NZ Freshwater Fishing Licence and abide by the district Anglers Notice for the West Coast Fish and Game Region.
- Hours of the competition are from 12 noon Friday 1st Dec, 2017 to Sunday 12 noon 3rd Dec, 2017.
- Entrants must sign a declaration and present their current Fishing Licence for inspection before fishing.
- Entry registration is transferable with consent of the event organiser and an administration fee of $10.
- Entries close 12 noon Saturday 2nd December 2017.
- Only anglers registered for the competition may enter fish for weigh in. Your current NZ Freshwater Fishing Licence must be produced at weigh in for the fish to eligible.
- Limit of 2 fish per competitor at each weigh in, a total of 6 fish for the competition weekend weigh-ins.
- 1 competitor = 1 prize, except for spot prizes allocated after each daily weigh in.
- Weigh in times: Friday 1st Dec 6pm-7pm, Saturday 2nd Dec 6pm-7pm & Sunday 3rd Dec 11am-12pm.
- The competition fishing zones is limited to Lake Brunner only. Areas excluded: The Arnold River, Lake Poerua, Bruce Stream, Orangipuku River, Crooked River, Molloy Creek, Deep Creek and the Hohonu River.
- Should a dispute arise, then a written submission must be put before the event organiser whose decision is final.
- The event organiser, support team, sponsors or volunteers are not responsible for any conflict, accident or personal injury to any competitor. All entrants are encouraged to take care around water and wear your life jacket. It is every competitors responsibility for their own safety and care of those around them.
Click here to download the Entry Form as a PDF. Post your entry forms to: Lake Brunner Fishing Competition, PO Box 7, Moana 7872, West Coast.
Registrations via this website close Friday 1st Dec at 6pm, but you can still enter on the day until 12 noon Saturday 2nd Dec 2017, at Hotel Lake Brunner.
All competitors will require a fishing licence – these are available online at the Fish & Game New Zealand website. Or you can purchase one through the following local outlets – Lake Brunner Service Centre, Hokitika Fishing & Shooting Pro Shop, Smiths City, Fishing & Firearms, and Colls Sports World.
Each team member must fill out an entry form: